Zion's Future Glory

Sing, barren woman; 
Give birth to jubilation 
For through your offspring's seed 
Will come the longed-for consolation  

Prepare the place where you reside  
For much you will inherit  
Your descendants will flourish  
In lands once desolate  

Do not be afraid; 
You will not bear humiliation  
You will forget your shame, 
Your dishonoured situation  

For the holy Lord Almighty, 
The Maker of all mankind 
Will redeem you, 
Will call you His own bride 

For only a brief moment  
I hid My face from you 
But with everlasting kindness, 
I'll be compassionate to you 

I recalled my vow to Noah 
To not cover the earth with rain  
Now, I swear I will not  
Rebuke you in anger again  

Though the mountains be shaken 
And the hills be removed, 
My unfailing love, 
To you, will be proved  

I will comfort you in your affliction; 
I will rebuild and restore  
Your foundation will be  
A treasured setting of the Lord 

All your children will be taught 
By the Lord of peace; 
In righteousness, you will stand  
As fear and terror cease  

No weapon forged against you, 
Nor the accusing tongue  
Will destroy you, for the Lord 
You serve, has overcome       
---
Isaiah 54 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...